Friday, August 12, 2011

Revlon Minted Matte Stripes

Before I begin this post, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Cristina over at Let Them Have Polish for featuring my latest blog entry on her twitter and facebook. Many recent followers were directed to my blog because of her so thank you to YOU guys too! =) Welcome everybody, I hope you've enjoyed reading my current posts and hopefully my many posts to come. Do let me know if you have any suggestions or requests on any types of polishes or nail designs you'd like to see!

With that said, today's mani features a pastel green creme from Revlon called Minted. From what I know, Revlon also has a quick dry version with a silver cap called Jaded. Both are supposedly comparable to China Glaze's Refresh Mint from the Up and Away Collection. All three are really pretty! For the pattern, I actually used a matte and shiny stripe pattern using scotch tape. Scroll forth, dear reader!


Can you see the stripes? =D It's only one color!




Couldn't get the exact lighting I wanted so here are mutiple pics





So pretty in the sun!


As you can see, the pattern is really subtle but it still gives your nails a special finish! I really like it... it's a great way to spice up any color without being too over the top. It's also a nice way to get into nail art if you're not quite sure you want to be too bold yet. Hopefully this kick starts some ideas for you guys out there. Have a great Friday everyone! The weekend is *just* around the corner. =D

6 comments:

Tanja said...

That looks really cool, great idea to do matte and shiny stripes!
I would just like to add that I love the shape and length of your nails! :)

Jello Kitty said...

@Tanja - Hehe, thank you! The idea came to me at night when I was trying to fall asleep =P

Nadia said...

You have patience girl! That pattern is cool.
I didnt like the formula of China Glaze's Refresh Mint.

Jello Kitty said...

@Nadia - Haha, actually the pattern was really easy to do. The only part that was kind of a pain was when I had to cut up the tape. I think formulas for this color all are a little finicky huh? This one looked like it bubbled a bit even though I let the polish settle well before applying. A top coat easily fixed that though.

AlioOp (MorePolishPlz) said...

That is just to cool, lovely nails!

Jello Kitty said...

@MorePolishPlz - Thanks so much!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!