Monday, August 8, 2011

China Glaze Metro Collection: Urban Night & CG in the City

Hello beautiful people. Guess where I am?? The LIBRARY. What? Why? How? Huh? Oh my goodness, the internet at my house totally cut out for some bizarre reason so like the dedicated blogger that I am, I drove all the way to the library to make a post for you guys! I actually have another purpose at the library as well, don't worry =P.  Today's mani features two beautiful colors from the newly released China Glaze Fall 2011 Metro Collection (that was a mouth-full). On my main nails is Urban Night and I have CG in the City layered on top of my accent nail.


Sun


Shade


Indoors



 Left: indoors, Middle: shade, Right: sunlight




More pics in direct sunlight



These were also in the sun but taken with flash


So the formula on both of these was really nice and smooth. Application went off without a hitch. Urban Night is a deep dark purple creme/jelly mix and was opaque in two coats. It looks almost like a plum color under flash.  CG in the City is an almost metallic looking glitter mix of maroon/plum, silver, and I think even specks of gold and black in there somewhere. Honestly, it's kinda hard to tell but the overall look is definitely a plum colored glitter mix. I only applied one coat on my accent nail. This collection should be out in stores now so keep an eye out for them! There are twelve colors total in the collection and I bought three other ones that I will feature some time in the near future. Hope you all are having a great beginning of the week! =)

7 comments:

Nadia said...

I saw that collection and what really surprised me was Westside Warrior.
This plum is also awsome.

Tanja said...

I love glitter and I love purple so this is perfect! :)

Jello Kitty said...

Nadia - I *love* Westwide Warrior. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it =)

Tanja - I love purple and glitter too! It's only the best combination EVER!

Vesna said...

Lovely combination! I love this whole China Glaze collection though didn't get any polish from it. Yet. :D

Amber P. said...

This is lovely!

(New follower here... Love your nails! :) )

Jello Kitty said...

@Vesna - Thank you! =)

@Amber - Thanks for following Amber! You have a lovely blog as well!

Gabriela Frantz said...

I went and picked up these colors just because you did an awesome job with this blog post! :) Can't wait to try it out :)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!